WAR: Honor and Country
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Knowledge: What is my objective?

Go down

Basic Knowledge: What is my objective? Empty Basic Knowledge: What is my objective?

Post  Admin Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Please be sure to read all 'Basic Knowledge' topics before reading the 'Basic Combat' topics.

This entire strategy guide is based on RvR combat only. This particular topic may look redundant, and you may know it all already, but there could still be a small bit of info you may not have known or thought about, so please read it. It'll be referenced in later topics.

No matter which class you play, one of the most important things to keep in mind during battle is "PAY ATTENTION!" There's no such thing as a class that doesn't have to pay attention to their surroundings. The less you do pay attention, the more you not only hurt your own success in battle but the rest of your team's success as well. READ CHAT actively, because certain codes, which I'll introduce in appropriate topics, or other strategic information may be announced.

The Class Groups:

DPS: Each class is different and therefor has different roles and different methods of combat. Generally speaking, the classes designed specifically for damage and killing (DPS classes) are the ones who do the attacking and killing. I want to emphasize that this group of classes does not have just one job of which to kill everyone possible and deal the most damage. Keep it in your head that these classes are just as much of support classes as tanks and healers are. This group's main objective is taking out the enemy. But by "the enemy" I don't mean "the enemy team." Each DPS class has a specific enemy in every battle situation that they need to be aware of. Of these classes, there are two sets of subgroups that can mix with each other. One set of subgroups contains Ranged DPS (RDPS) and Melee DPS (MDPS) (refer to 'Basic Knowledge: DPS Classes' for class specifics). The other subgroup contains Area Damage (AoE) and Single Target Damage (1v1) (refer to 'Basic Knowledge: DPS Classes' for class specifics).

Things to pay attention to: The position, health, likelihood you can kill, and overall threat of enemy players. Depending on your specific class, you will focus more on different specific enemy classes.
Weaknesses: Specific to class. Refer to 'Basic Knowledge: DPS Classes' for more information.
------------------------------------------------

Tank: Another group of classes is designed to be able to take a lot of damage (Tank classes) and is mostly useful for taking up space and eating damage for lunch. Sounds uneventful but this is actually a necessary job for RvR combat. These classes can take a LOT more damage than other classes, and while their damage isn't usually comparable to DPS classes, tanks can do enough damage on their own to keep a healer busy. If that healer's busy with other things, then the tank is free to just kill people. Because of their ability to take a lot of damage, most enemies prefer to ignore them, which further allows the tank to just kill. All factors considered, tanks end up doing a relatively large amount of damage over the course of a battle. Also, because they absorb a lot of damage through armor and toughness, healers can keep them alive much more easily. This group is also the best at defending the next group. If you play this class, NEVER BE AFRAID TO DIE or to charge to the front line. You're designed for this. Of course don't go solo to a fight, but never retreat from a battle unless the rest of your team can cover you while you try to stay alive and get healed.

Things to pay attention to: Keep an eye on your team's healers at all times while keeping the front line busy. You are also prime defenders of battle objectives.
Weaknesses: You are mostly weak to magic damage and as always, AoE damage adds up over time.

Healer: The last group of classes is designed to keep everyone alive and fighting (Healer classes) and is the lifeblood of the team. This group is comprised mostly of squishies (or classes that are highly vulnerable to physical damage) so characters in this group must be the most aware of their surroundings. While this class is able to do damage, it's usually not in the team's best interest for a healer to do so unless there's little or no need for healing at the moment (i.e. when your team obviously overpowers the other). This group also has the unique ability to resurrect others. This is one of the most important factors of this class.

Things to pay attention to: Everything. You have to know the position and well-being of your teammates AND the position and threat of enemy players. That just about covers the entire battle.
Weaknesses: You are weak to just about everything except for Warrior Priests, who tend to often share properties of tank classes.[/color]

Admin
Admin

https://handc.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down